Monday, August 16, 2010

How do I finally get this guy (it's about time)?

This is going to be a really long post, but all right. Okay, so here's the deal... I used to be total best friends with this guy about four to five years ago and a little bit of the year following. We'd hang out together all the time, and everyone thought we were going out, but we were just friends, even though I kind of always liked him in a semi-special way, and I felt like he always liked me. Then, we went to different schools for about 3 years and didn't talk pretty much at all. At the beginning of this year, we started attending the same school, and I was like all excited, cause of course he got so cute and funny, just the guy that I remember, whose friendship I've missed so much and everything. I definitely liked him as more than a friend, though. We flirted really heavily pretty much endlessly, but I found myself kind of leading the conversations, initiating them about sixty percent of the time, and sometimes making the first moves. That was all okay, the flirting was great, and we joked around so much, it was like we were friends again, except more in a way. Problematically, we only TALKED over text. I found this really weird, and of course I wanted to talk to him at school, but he was weirdly shy. It was awkward, because he was so outgoing over text. It was especially strange, because I wasn't used to it. Previously when we were really close friends of course we talked all the time, face to face. Now it was just over text. I'd find him staring a lot at me, and I'd smile, and he'd smile, or he'd smile and I'd smile, and we'd say turns saying hi first, but that was about it. Just after the freakin great flirty conversation we had over text really late into the night, like a couple days after it, he got a girlfriend, who's this total flirt and slut, or at least that's her reputation. No guy seems to be able to resist her, but I never resented it unti she took MY guy, and I really did perceive him to be my guy. I was so shocked that he had a girlfriend now, and I was really mad, because homecoming was coming up and we were THIS CLOSE to going together, I could tell, except now he was obviously going to go with her, which he did. And he full-well knew I liked him, which upset me further. So for days I didn't so much as look at him, mostly out of vengeance, but I got lonely without him, and we kind of flirted a little bit, but it died out. He went out with her for a month and a half, and they just broke up a few days ago. Now we hang out like at lunch around each other with our friends but not with each other and talk on and off. A couple times he's texted me, and we've had normal, boring conversations. Yesterday I texted him and he didn't text me back, which happens, of course. I know he LIKED me and I think he still does, especially because when I'm with other guys who are flirting with me he get all jealous and insults them and kind of tries to direct my attention away from them.


So now he's available, and I want to make really clear this time that I do like him and that I'd like to go out with him, but I don't know what the best way is to tell him this, especially since I DO NOT want to be so blunt and obvious about it. I really just don't know what to do. I don't know if he's ready for another relationship, but his ex has already moved on... I just don't know what the deal is.


So yeah, help would be appreciated.How do I finally get this guy (it's about time)?
Sounds like me and my best female friend..yeah sure go it!How do I finally get this guy (it's about time)?
ROCK LOBSTER

No comments:

Post a Comment