Friday, August 20, 2010

How to get over being in love with your best guy friend?

I've known this guy for a rly long time and the two of us have become best friends. We text literally 24/7. We tease each other a lot and I guess I misinterpreted that with flirting but somehow I managed to fall in love with him. I assumed that maybe he liked me too because we talk soooo much. Before now, he didn't go to my high school but this year he auditioned and was accepted. I attend an arts high school so the pickings on guys are very very slim. Almost no one has a boyfriend and when a new straight guy comes the girls pounce...almost literally. I was very excited at first because I thought it'd be fun to have my best friend at school with me. But on the first day he came these girls started talking and flirting with him a ton and now he doesn't even eat lunch with me. I know one of the girls in particular likes him and it looks like he doesn't mind all these girls flirting. But it bugs the heck out of me!! I don't like feeling hurt and sad all the time so I really need help falling out of love with my best friend. My biggest problem is that I convince myself I don't like him but when I talk to him at school I fall in love again. I don't want to stop talking to him all together cuz he's my best friend, but I don't want to be in love with him anymore! PLEASE HELP!!!How to get over being in love with your best guy friend?
I was in love with my best friend, who was a guy, and he moved to our rival school just before freshman year. We used to be really close and we hung out a lot. He was really cute. Anyway, after he transferred he hung out with a lot of these really pretty popular girls and I felt left out too. It really irritated me and I just wanted him to remember me and our friendship.





So I can totally understand where you're coming from. It's really hard to lose some of the time you guys used to spend together. Especially if you're jealous. I was hardcore.





For me, the story ends badly. You see my senior year I found out that my best friend was actually gay. So that was why he was always surrounded by girls. Yeah, total dream-killer right there. I mean it hurt a lot, but I got over it and we still remained friends. Anytime I would call him we would talk and it would be like old times. And we ended up going to the same college too.





This might not be the same situation for you. Your guy friend's probably straight for one thing. The important part of my message is that even though he made new friends and hung out with people more often than he hung out with me, he always had a big smile for me and never forgot that we were friends.





If you like this guy that much then I say go for it. Flirt back! There's always the chance that he's waiting for you to make a move, or that he's never thought you liked him. If you decide that you just want to get over him and stay friends you'll always see him in a different light than he sees you, but you'll have some great times together.
  • computer security
  • deleted myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment