Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Losing my friend over a guy...help!!?

So here's my story...





I saw my friend Kelsey one Saturday. I told her about this guy I liked, we'll call him Troy, and she respected that. I invited her to this youth ministry at the church I go to where Troy goes also. She agreed, and we meet up the next day at the youth ministry. Troy was there. (I've had a crush on him since 5th grade, and he's a year older than me.) He said hi to me and asked who the girl was. (Troy and I were good friends already.) I introduced her and they pretty much ignored me the whole time. I was so hurt. She was MAJORLY flirting with him (I'm talking like the gestures and being extremely sexual) and kinda left me out of it. Troy was going along with it. Anyways, I am a strong Catholic so I didn't want to miss church. I went without them, feeling confused, used, and also hurt. In church, they pass by me, Troy's hand wrapped around her waist. Kelsey sticks her tongue out at me and walks away. I was so hurt that I cried practically all night.





Recently he invited me over to his house to hang out ';as friends.'; *cough cough* he was doing the same things to me as Kelsey was to him and I felt extremely important that day. We ended up practically cuddling on the couch. (Kelsey wasn't there.) I had never felt so loved before in my life as in that single moment with Troy. Anyways, I had to leave. I texted him later that day and asked him what that was about. He said:


I dunno. I think we should just be friends.





The problem is, right before this, Kelsey texted me and said ';Ps Troy and I are together.'; She told me b4 that they weren't going out. Then Troy texts me that he was sorry and that he meant for it (the news that they were together) to be told to me little by little. I forwarded the message Kelsey sent me to him and said, ';Is THIS little by little?'; I was pissed as hell at both of them, Kelsey for lying and stealing my crush, and Troy for using me.





The other problem is that Troy is sooooooooooo nice. He would always say hi to me even though I was younger. He even started to show interest in me. I was really happy.





So I was so angry and confused that day that I wasn't thinking straight. I poured out ALL my feelings towards Troy (he already knew I liked him.) He said:


D**n, I didn't know it was that bad. I'm so sorry. (He really cares about me)





So now I'm stuck in this situation. I need some advice on how to handle it and how to treat Troy and Kelsey. Thanks.





Oh, and this is 100% serious. I am asking for only serious answers please.





I just turned 13, so he's still 13.Losing my friend over a guy...help!!?
Well for one, you're really young. There are so many guys out there that will treat you so much better than him. As a young teenager, crushes and friends always end up letting you down at some point. I've been in this situation multiple of times and it's really stressful. There's no point in trying to break them up because obviously they're not going to listen and that would probably just make everything worse. My best advice to you is not be friends with ';Kelsey'; and stop talking to Troy. Move on, find some other guys to hang and date with, and eventually you'll see that you were over him in a heartbeat. Teenage love is usually extremely stressful, but life is life and sometimes we have to deal with it the way it comes. I'm sorry your confused and upset, but the only thing that can help out majorly is if you find other guys. Show them that your the stronger person here, show them that you can move on and not worry about it, you'll feel much better after that.





I wish you the best :)Losing my friend over a guy...help!!?
kelsey's a b with an itch. leave her.


If you think Troy is worth your time then try to get him back.


If he cares enough about you, he will either


a. dump kelsey and go with you; or b. try to fix it out with you and kelsey so all of you know what's going on.
dont worry about it too much honestly. Your young, so you should enjoy it. drama is going to be everywhere until you graduate highschool...so its best to learn early when to pick your fights.


Im sorry if kelsy is your friend, but her attitude shows otherwise.


Its not that you necessarily need to confront them (although people may say otherwise) but just take it as a learning experience and move onto people you can really trust. As far as the boy goes...if he wasnt into you in the first place, then it probably wasnt meant to be more than friends. Its not worthwhile to force a relationship, and you will find someone that will appreciate you back soon enough.





Good luck! Don't let others disrespectful attitudes get you down...just learn from it and live on :)!
girl, just forget it ok, let go of all of it and go about your business, you were friends with him first anyway, so he may not want to leave you alone, but at least he was more honest then her even though he tried to mess with both of you...





she is NOT your friend, so don't be mad at her don't waste your energy and tears ok, just let go of her, forget her find a new friends and set boundaries ok, specially if you are church friends she should have respected even more.





she will be so pissed when Troy wants your friendship, but he may not return casue of her jelousy, you are too young anyway, so concentrate on other friends and stuff okay...





relax, this is just a learning experience ok...

No comments:

Post a Comment