Friday, August 20, 2010

How do you get over being in love with your best guy friend?

I've known this guy for a rly long time and the two of us have become best friends. We text literally 24/7. We tease each other a lot and I guess I misinterpreted that with flirting but somehow I managed to fall in love with him. I assumed that maybe he liked me too because we talk soooo much. Before now, he didn't go to my high school but this year he auditioned and was accepted. I attend an arts high school so the pickings on guys are very very slim. Almost no one has a boyfriend and when a new straight guy comes the girls pounce...almost literally. I was very excited at first because I thought it'd be fun to have my best friend at school with me. But on the first day he came these girls started talking and flirting with him a ton and now he doesn't even eat lunch with me. I know one of the girls in particular likes him and it looks like he doesn't mind all these girls flirting. But it bugs the heck out of me!! I don't like feeling hurt and sad all the time so I really need help falling out of love with my best friend. My biggest problem is that I convince myself I don't like him but when I talk to him at school I fall in love again. I don't want to stop talking to him all together cuz he's my best friend, but I don't want to be in love with him anymore! PLEASE HELP!!!


(ps. i posted this question before but i need help asap so im posting it again just to be sure haha)How do you get over being in love with your best guy friend?
It's all on you girl! You can't really make yourself fall out of love with someone, it kinda just happens. Try to think of his flaws, maybe that will help speed up the process. For example, it doesn't seem like your best friend is being a best friend, especially if he doesn't even eat lunch with you!! Best friends always eat lunch together, no exceptions! Honestly, it sounds like he may have liked you in the beginning and was a friend then, but now that he has all these other girls flirting with him and basically throwing themselves at him, he forgets that you exist and that is soooo shady and messed up! He just doesn't sound like he was a true friend at all. He sounds like he liked having you around until he found something better. I think the best friend you once knew is gone, and there is a good chance he's not coming back. It sucks, and it is probably going to take some time to get over it but with time it will happen. Also, the bet way to make it happen is to find another guy! The moment you start liking someone else, you'll forget about him...and not to sound harsh but that is what he did with you, so YOU SHOULD DO IT BACK! Go out and get involved in stuff. After school activities...get a job or even better, volunteer. There are guys out there, and guys who are better than this douche!

No comments:

Post a Comment